★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lbsmall red potatoes
1 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
1 bunchgreen onions, chopped
1 bottleranch dressing
·fresh ground pepper
How to Make Grilled Potato Salad with Ranch and Bacon
- 1.What goes better with potatoes and Ranch than bacon? Not many things. Start by cooking about 8 strips of bacon using your favorite method. We want them to be crisp since we are going to crumble the bacon into our salad.
- 2.While the bacon is cooking, wash and then cut the potatoes into even quarters. When I say even quarters, I mean you want all of the pieces to be about the same size so that they all cook evenly. Don’t make them too small thought because they will be a pain to handle on the grill!
- 3.Boil the potatoes in a pot of water until just about cooked. You don’t want them too mushy, but you want them just about cooked all the way through.
- 4.At this point, go ahead and light the grill and preheat to medium-high.
- 5.Remove the potatoes from the water and drain.
- 6.Toss the red potatoes in some olive oil and fresh ground black pepper.
- 7.Pour the potatoes right onto the now hot grate of the grill. The point here is to mark or char the potatoes so that we get that great grill taste.
- 8.Using tongs, a spoon or a spatula (bring them all out, one might work better than others depending on the size of your red potatoes) turn the potatoes every few minutes to create char marks on all sides. Keeping the grill closed will speed up this process and keep the grill hot.
- 9.Once all sides of the potatoes are marked with grill marks, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- 10.Add about 1/4 cup of the Ranch dressing (add more if you like), crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.
- 11.Stir well to combine.