Granny's Danish Potato Salad
1/2 conion, diced
1/2 csweet relish
3 largeegg, hard boiled, diced
pinchsalt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cwhite vinegar
2 Tbspmustard (prepared)
3 largeeggs, beaten
1 1/4 cmayonnaise
How to Make Granny's Danish Potato Salad
- Wash potatoes. Place potatoes, skins on, in a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from heat and rinse in cold water. Let sit about 10 minutes in cool water until they are cooled enough to handle.
- Once cooled, peel potatoes, skins should easily pull off the potatoes. Once peeled, dice potatoes to desired size.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced potatoes, sweet relish, diced hard-boiled eggs, and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water, and salt & pepper (if desired). Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, quickly wisk/stir in the beaten eggs and continue stirring well for 5 minutes over medium heat or until the mixture starts to slightly thicken (will coat the back of the spoon).
- Once cooked mixture thickens, remove from heat and stir in the mayonnaise. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Once the cooked mixture is throughly combined, pour over the potato mixture and stir well.
- You may serve this salad at room temperature or serve chilled.