Grandma's Potato Salad
2 lbred or russet potatoes
1 mediumsweet onion or red onion
4 largeeggs boiled
1 cmiracle whip dressing
3 Tbspprepared french's yellow mustard
1/8 cchopped celery (optional for crunch factor)
1 tspcelery seed
1/2 tspdill weed
1/2 jar(s)vlasic sweet midgets
sprinklepaprika or parsley leaves for garnish
How to Make Grandma's Potato Salad
- Peel and cut up potatoes into bite sized pieces. Boil until tender but firm enough to pick up with fork. 15-20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until the rest is prepared.
- Boil eggs until done drain and let set in cold water for about ten minutes. Then peel and chop. Place in refrigerator with potatoes.
- Chop onion into small pieces. Place in bowl.
- Cut sweet midgets into small slices. Place in bowl with onion.
- Chop celery into tiny pieces. Place in bowl with onion and sweet midget pieces.
- In bowl with chopped onion, pickles, and celery mix Miracle Whip, mustard, celery seed and dill weed until thoroughly mixed. Add to potatoes and eggs, mixing gently so the potatoes and eggs don't break up. Let chill for at least an hour, preferably 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with Paprika, or top with parsley leaves as garnish.