Grandma's Potato Salad
- 2 lb
- red or russet potatoes
- 1 medium
- sweet onion or red onion
- 4 large
- eggs boiled
- 1 c
- miracle whip dressing
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared french's yellow mustard
- 1/8 c
- chopped celery (optional for crunch factor)
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
- 1/2 tsp
- dill weed
- 1/2 jar(s)
- vlasic sweet midgets
- paprika or parsley leaves for garnish
How to Make Grandma's Potato Salad
- 1Peel and cut up potatoes into bite sized pieces. Boil until tender but firm enough to pick up with fork. 15-20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until the rest is prepared.
- 2Boil eggs until done drain and let set in cold water for about ten minutes. Then peel and chop. Place in refrigerator with potatoes.
- 3Chop onion into small pieces. Place in bowl.
- 4Cut sweet midgets into small slices. Place in bowl with onion.
- 5Chop celery into tiny pieces. Place in bowl with onion and sweet midget pieces.
- 6In bowl with chopped onion, pickles, and celery mix Miracle Whip, mustard, celery seed and dill weed until thoroughly mixed. Add to potatoes and eggs, mixing gently so the potatoes and eggs don't break up. Let chill for at least an hour, preferably 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with Paprika, or top with parsley leaves as garnish.