Gia's Famous Potato Salad
Gia Peterkin Trower
1 bag(s)5 lb potatoes (white)
1/4 csweet relish
6hard boiled eggs chopped
4 stalk(s)celery diced
1 tspyellow mustard
·salt and pepper
2 cmust be hellman's mayonaise
How to Make Gia's Famous Potato Salad
- Prepartion: Fill a large pot with water and turn heat on high to boil. Boil the 6 eggs separately and let cool. Thoroughly wash the potatoes and put the potatoes in the pot of water. Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes. Stick a fork through the potates to see if they are tender. Remove the potatoes to a strainer and let them cool.
- Put the carrots in a food processor and pulse till the carrots are very small. Do the same with the celery. Lay the celery on paper towe and fold towel to squeeze out water from the celery.
- Peel the potatoes, the skin will peel off easily. In a large bowl, take the potato in your hand and squeeze a little so it will fall apart. Use a knife to cut the larger pieces. Add the mustard, sweet relish, carrots, celery and cut up boiled eggs. I don't use all the egg yolks, maybe 2 of the yolks.
- Next start with about a cup of Hellman's mayonnaise and mix potatoes with all the ingredients. Add the salt and pepper. Taste, and if needed add more of the relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Top with parsley flakes or paprika which ever you prefer. You can also top with green stuffed olives. This is one of those dishes where you taste and add more of.
- Keep potato salad in the refrigerator in a covered container.