German Potato Salad
12 mediumred potatoes
3hard boiled eggs
3 cgreen onions chopped
4 stalk(s)celery thinly sliced
1 cwhite vinegar
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make German Potato Salad
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, but still firm. Drain and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and dice, place in large bowl and set aside.
- Boil eggs, peel and chop, set aside
- Cook bacon until crisp, set aside. (I cut the bacon into thin strips before I fry it, or you can fry whole pieces and crumble it.
- In the skillet, with reserved grease from bacon, combine onion, celery, vinegar,water, sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour vinegar mixture over potatoes. Add eggs and bacon. Toss gently to mix.
- Reserve a little of the bacon bits and chopped green onion to garnish top of salad.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.