★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- potatoes (i use the red potatoes - usually 8 or 9)
- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 medium
- celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
How to Make Garden Potato Salad
- 1The original recipe also calls for 1/2 cup each of thinly sliced radishes, cucumber and green bell pepper, and one tomato, cut into wedges. I do not add these ingredients because I felt it made the salad too watery, however, you can add them if you wish!
- 2Prepare and cook potatoes; cool slightly and cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 3Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss to coat.
- 5Stir in eggs (and radishes, cucumber and bell pepper if you use them).
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with tomato wedges.