★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbpotatoes (i use the red potatoes - usually 8 or 9)
1 1/2 cmayonnaise or salad dressing
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 Tbspyellow mustard
2 mediumcelery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 mediumonion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
4hard boiled eggs, chopped
How to Make Garden Potato Salad
- The original recipe also calls for 1/2 cup each of thinly sliced radishes, cucumber and green bell pepper, and one tomato, cut into wedges. I do not add these ingredients because I felt it made the salad too watery, however, you can add them if you wish!
- Prepare and cook potatoes; cool slightly and cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss to coat.
- Stir in eggs (and radishes, cucumber and bell pepper if you use them).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with tomato wedges.