Esther's (My Mom) Potato Salad
This is THE potato salad for the dill pickle fan! Not only had I never tried preparing potato salad this way before, but I'd never even heard of it! What a pleasant surprise! The dill adds a freshness to the dish that the crew and I really loved. Pick up some dill pickle relish the next time you're at the store (right next to the sweet relish) and give this one a try.
- 1 lb
- each small white rose red rose & yukon gold potatoes unpeeled & quartered
- 1 bunch
- green onions thinly sliced on the bias
- 6 large
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (small) chopped black olives
- ribs celery chopped
- 1/4 c
- dill pickle relish
- 3 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 c
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How to Make Esther's (My Mom) Potato Salad
- 1Place the potatoes in a pot add enough cold water to cover. Add 2 TBSP of salt bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until fork tender. Drain & shock in an ice bath that's half water half ice to stop the cooking.
- 2Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Overnight is even better!