- 10 medium
- potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
- hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium
- onion, finely diced
- 1/2 c
- dill pickle relish (must be dill)
- 1 c
- mayonnaise (must be mayo...no salad dressing)
- 1 pkg
- hidden valley ranch salad dressing powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Dee's Potato Salad
- 1Boil cubed potatoes until tender. Drain and let cool. When cool, place in a large bowl. Add the chopped onion and dill pickle relish to the potatoes.
- 2Separate the boiled eggs yolks from the white. Chop up the egg whites and place in with the potatoes. Place the boiled egg yolks in a medium size bowl and mash them with a fork until fine.
- 3Add the cup of mayo to the bowl with the egg yolks. Next, add the ranch dressing powder to the bowl. I recommend a small hand mixer or a small hand blender to mix the powder, mayo and egg yolks. If it is too thick, I add a little dill pickle juice. Mix until creamy. Add to the large bowl of potatoes, onions, and dill pickle relish and mix well.
- 4Place in a covered dish and put in the fridge. Serve when chilled.