Confetti Potato Salad
·3 ½ pounds white potatoes
·3 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
·1 bunch green onion, sliced (both white and green parts)
·7 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
·½ cup purple onion, chopped
·½ cup celery, chopped
·½ cup pickles, chopped
·4 ounce jar pimentos, diced
·1 cup mayonnaise
·¼ cup mustard
·2 teaspoons salt
·¼ teaspoon pepper
How to Make Confetti Potato Salad
- Wash potatoes and place whole in large pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender, about 35 minutes, but check with skewer to be sure they are cooked through.
- Remove potatoes from boiling water and place on towel and allow to sit on kitchen counter until room temperature.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes; place in large bowl. Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the potatoes.
- Add sliced green onions chopped purple onions, celery, pickles and pimentos.
- In small mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed, and pepper. Mix well. Pour over and gently fold in to the potato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving so flavors can get familiar with each other.
- Ready to serve – give it another gentle stir and watch the bowl empty as if by magic.
- If you are lucky enough to have leftovers – Cover and keep refrigerated until time for Act II.