Confetti Potato Salad
- 3 ½ pounds white potatoes
- 3 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (both white and green parts)
- 7 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup purple onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup pickles, chopped
- 4 ounce jar pimentos, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
How to Make Confetti Potato Salad
- 1Wash potatoes and place whole in large pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender, about 35 minutes, but check with skewer to be sure they are cooked through.
- 2Remove potatoes from boiling water and place on towel and allow to sit on kitchen counter until room temperature.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes; place in large bowl. Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the potatoes.
- 4Add sliced green onions chopped purple onions, celery, pickles and pimentos.
- 5In small mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed, and pepper. Mix well. Pour over and gently fold in to the potato mixture.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving so flavors can get familiar with each other.
- 7Ready to serve – give it another gentle stir and watch the bowl empty as if by magic.
- 8If you are lucky enough to have leftovers – Cover and keep refrigerated until time for Act II.