Cheri's Potato Salad
- potatoes, russets
- hard boiled eggs
- 2 c
- mayonaise (i use hellman's)
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp
- celery seed (i usually add a little more)
- 2 Tbsp
- dill pickle relish
- salt and black pepper to your liking and taste
How to Make Cheri's Potato Salad
- 1Boil the potatoes in their jackets for approximately 45 to 50 minutes (depending on your stove). Also at this time boil the eggs for about 10 minutes or until hard boiled (approx. 10 min.). When eggs are hard let cool. After potatoes have cooked and are softened, let them cool for about 20 to 30 minutes. After they have cooled enough to handle to peel, peel them and cut up in chunks or slices in your bowl. Then take cooked eggs and shell them and cut them up on top of potatoes.
- 2Next add salt and pepper, mayonaise, green onions, dill relish and celery seed. Mix all ingredients together (potatoes and eggs too)and mix until all ingredients are mixed. Then sprinkle with paprika to your liking. Chill for about 2 hours or so. This recipe is good warm also, however, the flavors intensify after refrigeration. So this is also a night before recipe.