★★★★★ 1 vote5
10idaho potatoes (medium)
12hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 lbbacon cut in 1/4 inch pieces
1onions, small white
1green bell pepper
2 Tbspparsley flakes (chop a handful of fresh if you have it)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Burd Family Recipe Hot German Potato Salad
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the cooking. Peel and chop when cooled enough to handle. The inside will still be hot.
- Brown bacon in dutch oven until almost crisp. Add onions and green pepper, cook until crisp-tender.
- Slowly spoon in prepared boiled potatoes and boiled eggs. Gently toss
- Add parsley, salt and pepper. Splash with vinegar until desired flavor is reached.
- Gently toss until warmed through. Serve and enjoy!