★★★★★ 1 vote5
- idaho potatoes (medium)
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 lb
- bacon cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- onions, small white
- green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes (chop a handful of fresh if you have it)
- white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Burd Family Recipe Hot German Potato Salad
- 1Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the cooking. Peel and chop when cooled enough to handle. The inside will still be hot.
- 2Brown bacon in dutch oven until almost crisp. Add onions and green pepper, cook until crisp-tender.
- 3Slowly spoon in prepared boiled potatoes and boiled eggs. Gently toss
- 4Add parsley, salt and pepper. Splash with vinegar until desired flavor is reached.
- 5Gently toss until warmed through. Serve and enjoy!