BONNIE'S MEXICAN POTATO SALAD
- pounds medium red potatoes unpeeled.
- hard cooked eggs
- cup vegetable oil
- stalk celery, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- cup of green onions tops, chopped
- sweet pickle, finely chopped
- tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- teaspoons fresh lime juice
- teaspoon white vinegar
- cup mayonaise
- teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BONNIE'S MEXICAN POTATO SALAD
- 1Please read through the instructions before you make the recipe, because some of the ingredients go in separately to make the dressing.
- 2Boil the eggs and cool. Separate the eggs from the whites. Set aside. Quarter the red potatoes and boil them in water with a teaspoon of salt. Make sure they are done, but not over cooked. Drain thoroughly, and cool the potatoes and then dice them.
- 3In a large bowl, mash the egg yolks, stir in the oil, vinegar and lime juice. Add mayonaise, pepper sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisk.
- 4Add diced potatoes to the mayonaise mixture along with the pickle, green onions, red pepper and celery. Chop egg whites fine and add to the salad. Stir gently, but mix well.
- 5Refrigerate until serving time. Enjoy!