- 2 lb
- red potatoes, skin on, washed
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- green onions, sliced thin
How to Make Baked Potato Salad
- 1In a large pot of salted water, add potatoes and cook until just fork tender. Remove from boiling water and cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2While potatoes are cooking and cooling, fry bacon in a large nonstick frying pan, remove to paper towel lined plate to drain.
Strain bacon fat, reserve 3 Tablespoons in pan.
- 3Reheat bacon fat and fry off potatoes until light golden brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate to cool, season with a pinch of
- 4Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar salt and pepper in a small bowl. Chop bacon and green onions. Combine potatoes and dressing, adjust seasoning as necessary. Refrigerate for 1 hour, top with bacon and green onions before service.