★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 to 10 medium
- russett potatoes
- 4 medium
- pickles, diced
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 4 to 6
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 lb
- bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- miracle whip, may use a little more if desired
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped jalapeno (i use trappey's)
- 1 small
- jar pimentos, drained (optional)
- salt to taste
How to Make Bacon/Jalapeno Potato Salad
- 1Boil potatoes with skins on until fork tender. While potatoes are boiling, fry bacon, drain and crumble. Reserve fat from bacon.
- 2Remove potatoes from water and let cool enough to handle. Peel potatoes and cube. Add onion, pickle, jalapeno peppers, salt, Miracle Whip and bacon. Stir ingredients together.
- 3Pour some of the hot bacon drippings over the potato salad and stir well. You can add more or less of any ingredient depending on your taste. Refrigerate leftovers.