Bacon & Bleu Cheese Potato Salad
Hmm bacon and blue cheese - how can you go wrong? This is the perfect potato salad recipe if you're a fan of blue cheese. The flavors are fabulous! Next time I make this, I'm going to try and grill the potatoes like Barbara originally did. I bet that will add even more flavor. Perfect for summer cookouts!
- 3 lb
- baby red potatoes, unpeeled & cut in large bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 c
- Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c
- white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/3 c
- red onions, diced
- 4 oz
- bleu cheese
How to Make Bacon & Bleu Cheese Potato Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into large bite size pieces. Place potatoes in a single layer in a large pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix to cover potatoes with oil, salt & pepper. Cover tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake potatoes for 30 minutes.
- 4Carefully pull back the foil with a fork & and check to see if the potatoes are fork tender. If not, reseal & bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Do not over cook potatoes or you will have mashed potato salad! Remove from oven and uncover to allow potatoes to cool a bit.
- 5When potatoes are just warm to touch, add them and the bacon to the dressing. Gently stir to cover all the potatoes with the dressing. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- 6I like to make potato salad ahead of time to allow the dressing to strike through the potatoes.
Before serving, I like to sprinkle the top of the salad with some additional bacon, bleu cheese, red onions & parsley.