Aunt Nancy's German Potato Salad
How to Make Aunt Nancy's German Potato Salad
- Boil potatoes in jackets until done and let cool.
- Peel potatoes and slice real thin.
- While peeling and slicing potatoes, cook bacon and brown really well.
- Slice potatoes and onion into a large bowl; pour in vinegar and sprinkle with chives, just enough for a little color.
- While bacon is still hot, pour over mixture (both meat and grease). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This is good for picnics because it really lasts a long time without refrigeration.