Aunt Nancy's German Potato Salad
How to Make Aunt Nancy's German Potato Salad
- 1Boil potatoes in jackets until done and let cool.
- 2Peel potatoes and slice real thin.
- 3While peeling and slicing potatoes, cook bacon and brown really well.
- 4Slice potatoes and onion into a large bowl; pour in vinegar and sprinkle with chives, just enough for a little color.
- 5While bacon is still hot, pour over mixture (both meat and grease). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6This is good for picnics because it really lasts a long time without refrigeration.