Amy's Potato Salad
- 5 lb
- russet potatoes, peeled and boiled until tender
- 1 1/2 lb
- any kind of bacon, cooked to a little bit crispy, and crumbled coarsely
- 4 medium
- eggs, hard boiled, yolks set aside, whites diced
- 1 bunch
- little green onions, sliced thin or minced
- cucumbers, peeled, sliced and diced
- 3 c
- helman's or bestfood
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small
- can of diced olives, drained
How to Make Amy's Potato Salad
- 1Prepare all ingredients as described in the ingredient list. Best if you prepare the potatoes, bacon, and eggs ahead and refrigerate, until about an hour before serving.
- 2Mash the egg yolks with a fork and stir into the mayonnaise. Combine with sugar and salt and pepper.
- 3Place prepared potatoes, egg whites, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and onions into a very large salad bowl. Combine carefully by folding ingredients into the dressing mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.