Tuna Macaroni Salad with Peas
My youngest sister Evie made this recipe up about 25 years ago. We've always been "experimental" in the kitchen. She gave me some and I immediately asked her for the recipe. Been making it ever since and now my oldest daughter makes it, too. (My youngest daughter doesn't like tuna, but that's all the more for us, LOL.)
- 1 lb
- mini farfalle pasta (bow ties)
- 2 can(s)
- tuna packed in oil, drained (the 7 oz. size)
- 1/2 c
- sweet pickle relish
- 1 lb
- bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bottle
- ranch dressing (medium sized bottle)
- salt & pepper
How to Make Tuna Macaroni Salad with Peas
- 1Cook the pasta in salted boiling water per box intructions. Drain then rinse briefly in cold water. Drain well and empty into large mixing bowl.
- 2Drain most of the oil from the cans of tuna, break up chunks with a fork and add to the pasta.
- 3Put the peas into a colander and run hot water over them for a minute or two then drain and add to the pasta in the bowl. Mix everything together then add salt & pepper to taste and enough Ranch dressing to coat the pasta.
- 4Note: You may or may not need to add a little more Ranch dressing to any leftovers eaten the next day as the pasta seems to soak it up.