Sweet Macaroni Salad
Recipe from my TOH July 2004 magazine.
- 1 pkg
- (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium
- carrots shredded
- 1 large
- red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium
- red onion, chopped, i use vadalia
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 c
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- 1 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Sweet Macaroni Salad
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, bell pepper,egg and onion.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3This salad really is delicious. People will want the recipe.