Soba Noodles with Wasabi and Baby Corn
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 Tbspblack sesame seeds
1 Tbspwhite sesame seeds
6 ozsoba (buckwheat noodles)
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspsesame oil
2 Tbsppeanut oil
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
2 smallgarlic cloves, peeled and rinsed
1 8-oz jar(s)baby corn, rinsed
4green onions, green tops included, thinly sliced
1 Tbsppickled ginger
How to Make Soba Noodles with Wasabi and Baby Corn
- Dry-toast the black and white sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally, about fifteen minutes.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the soba noodles until they are al dente, about seven minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small glass bowl, stir to combine the wasabi and the soy sauce. Set aside for ten minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Stir in the sesame and peanut oils, vinegar, and garlic.
- Diagonally slice each tiny corn cob in half. Toss the corn into the dressing and set aside to allow the flavors to blend, about fifteen minutes.
- Pour the corn-spiked dressing over the noodles and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Sprinkle on the green onions and pickled ginger and toss again gently.