Pasta with Corn and Lima Beans
1 lbcut spaghetti (or if you can't find cut spaghetti, use thin pasta broken in thirds)
1 pkgfrozen lima beans (ford hook are the best)
2 mediumtomatoes, seeded and diced
4ears of corn
8green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/3 cfresh parsley, chopped
3 Tbspcider vinegar (start with 2 tbsp)
2 Tbsplemon juice (start with 1 tbsp)
1 Tbspsugar (start with 2 tsp)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pasta with Corn and Lima Beans
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Cook corn (in the husks), 2 ears at a time, in the microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes. Shuck, cool and cut kernels from the cob.
- Cook lima beans according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, corn, lima beans, tomatoes and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning. Pour over pasta and mix well.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits just before serving - Or serve on the side. (If you are vegetarian, you can use artificial bacon bits or omit)