Pasta with Corn and Lima Beans
- 1 lb
- cut spaghetti (or if you can't find cut spaghetti, use thin pasta broken in thirds)
- 1 pkg
- frozen lima beans (ford hook are the best)
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ears of corn
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- cider vinegar (start with 2 tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice (start with 1 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar (start with 2 tsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon bits
How to Make Pasta with Corn and Lima Beans
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- 2Cook corn (in the husks), 2 ears at a time, in the microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes. Shuck, cool and cut kernels from the cob.
- 3Cook lima beans according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- 4In a large bowl, combine pasta, corn, lima beans, tomatoes and green onions.
- 5In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning. Pour over pasta and mix well.
- 6Sprinkle with bacon bits just before serving - Or serve on the side. (If you are vegetarian, you can use artificial bacon bits or omit)