Pasta & Imitation Crab Salad
8 ozpasta (l used radiatore nuggets)
About1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cchopped broccoli
1/2 cthinly sliced baby carrots
2 Tbspdiced red onion
6 ozcolby-jack cheese, cut into small chunks
5 ozimitation crab meat, cut into chunks (about 1 c.)
1 chellmann's mayonnaise
1 clight ltalian salad dressing
2 Tbspkraft grated parmesan cheese
·freshly cracked black pepper, add according to taste
How to Make Pasta & Imitation Crab Salad
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the vegetable oil and salt. Add the pasta, and cook pasta for 8 minutes and 30 seconds.
- During the last 30 seconds of cooking time, add the broccoli. After the 30 seconds, immediately drain and rinse the pasta and broccoli under cold water in a colander.
- While the pasta and broccoli is draining in the colander, add the carrots, onion, cheese, and imitation crab meat to a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix together, the mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Use 1-cup of the dressing to mix into the salad, and reserve the other cup for later.
- Incorporate the 1-cup of dressing into the large bowl of vegetables, cheese, and meat. Add the pasta and broccoli to the bowl; stir gently to mix the salad.
- Season the salad with a bit of the freshly cracked black pepper. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the salad, and gently fold in the grape tomatoes. Cover the salad, and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- After 2-3 hours of refrigeration, and before serving the salad; stir in a 3/4 cup to 1-cup of the mayonnaise/Italian dressing. The extra dressing will keep the salad creamy and moist, even up to a day or two later.