Mom's Famous Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb
- macaroni, dry (we use the small ditalini if we can find it)
- 3-5 can(s)
- (small) of chopped olives
- stock of celery
- whole white onion
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 jar(s)
- whole sweet pickles
- 1/2-3/4 jar(s)
- mayonnaise (30 oz size)
- 3-4 Tbsp
How to Make Mom's Famous Macaroni Salad
- 1Cook up macaroni til tender and boil eggs.
- 2While macaroni is cooking, slice up celery, onion, sweet pickles into bite size pieces and combine in big tupper.
- 3Drain and add in olives. Then add in mayonnaise and mustard and stir mixture.
- 4Once mixture is stirred up well, chop up eggs into bite size pieces then add eggs and macaroni. Be careful when stirring these in, as you don't want to mush them up too much. Try to have most of your mixing done before adding the eggs and macaroni.
- 5Refrigerate salad for about 8-12 hours(or overnight) before serving if possible, as this always tastes better after sitting.
- 6One thing to keep in mind, is that everything in this salad is to taste, so if your family doesn't like olives as well, don't put as much in. This is a VERY subjective recipe! Enjoy :-)