Mom's Famous Macaroni Salad
1 lbmacaroni, dry (we use the small ditalini if we can find it)
3-5 can(s)(small) of chopped olives
1stock of celery
1whole white onion
12-14eggs, hard boiled
1 jar(s)whole sweet pickles
1/2-3/4 jar(s)mayonnaise (30 oz size)
How to Make Mom's Famous Macaroni Salad
- Cook up macaroni til tender and boil eggs.
- While macaroni is cooking, slice up celery, onion, sweet pickles into bite size pieces and combine in big tupper.
- Drain and add in olives. Then add in mayonnaise and mustard and stir mixture.
- Once mixture is stirred up well, chop up eggs into bite size pieces then add eggs and macaroni. Be careful when stirring these in, as you don't want to mush them up too much. Try to have most of your mixing done before adding the eggs and macaroni.
- Refrigerate salad for about 8-12 hours(or overnight) before serving if possible, as this always tastes better after sitting.
- One thing to keep in mind, is that everything in this salad is to taste, so if your family doesn't like olives as well, don't put as much in. This is a VERY subjective recipe! Enjoy :-)