Mega Macaroni Salad
- 3 lb
- elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed and cooled
- eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb
- frozen peas, thawed
- 2 c
- real bacon pieces (not bacos)
- 1 lb
- mild cheddar cheese, cubed in small pieces
- 2 qt
- 8 oz
- dijon mustard
- 10 oz
- dill pickle relish
- large sweet onion, finely shredded
- 1/4 c
How to Make Mega Macaroni Salad
- 1Boil macaroni in large kettle until tender. Remove from heat and drain in two colanders; rinse with cold running water until cool and drain well.
While the macaroni is cooking, set the peas in a small colander and rinse with cold water to thaw and let drain.
Peel and chop the eggs. I usually cook the eggs the day before I need them and then store in the fridge so they are easier to peel.
Cube the cheese and set aside.
Shred onion in mini food processor and mix together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, dill pickle relish, onion and 1/4 cup sugar and set in fridge to chill.
- 2Once the macaroni has cooled and is drained well, pour into 13 quart mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over and stir well.
Stir in eggs, bacon pieces, peas and cheese.
Cover bowl with foil and store in refrigerator over night.
Check the salad the next morning and if it seems dry, add in more mayo/mustard combination (2 cups mayo and 2 tablespoons mustard mixed together). Put in pail and refrigerate until serving time.