★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- macaroni, elbow, cooked
- 1 - 4 oz. jar(s)
- 1 small jar(s)
- sweet pickle relish
- dried celery flakes or celery seed
- 2 c
- mild cheedar cheese, shreded or colby cheese
- miracle whip
How to Make Macroni Salad
- 1Boil elbow macaroni according to directions on box. Drain and run cold water over macaroni until cold to touch. Let sit in colander until well drained.
- 2Put macaroni in mixing bowl, add pimentoes, sweet relish, shredded cheese, and celery flakes or celery seeds (optional...calls for it but I don't notice much taste difference)
- 3In separate mixing bowl...add enough Miracle Whip to make sauce for salad, add enough sugar to get the mayonnaise taste out, and enough milk to make it soupy. Pour over macaroni and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4I usually make the night before and if I make too much sauce, I save it as the macaroni will absorb some of the sauce. Mine is usually a little on the soupy side when I refrigerate it and by serving time it's just right. For bigger crowds I double the recipe.