Macaroni salad Deluxe
I never use a recipe but this is pretty close. I cook my macaroni aldente so you might have to add some fresh Vidalia Vinegrette to moisten depending. I have made it with other creamy brands too.
My eggs I put in tepid salted water, and boil fast and take from the stove and run real cold water over them to avoid the darkening around the yolk.
- 1-2 bottle
- large (creamy) vidalia onion vinegrette salad dressing (depends on size)
- 4 c
- macaroni or can use spirals
- 1 c
- kraft miracle whip
- 1-2 Tbsp
- kraft prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- white cooking vinegar
- 1/2 can(s)
- black olives rinsed slightly
- 1 Tbsp
- 6 large
- hard boiled eggs
How to Make Macaroni salad Deluxe
- 1Cook the eggs and set aside in the cold water. I peel mine with a spoon after using the back to loosen the shell by cracking. Rinse and set aside. In the meanwhile you can have your salted water heating for cooking your macaroni.
- 2Cook the macaroni per your box directions in salted water, I like mine aldente. I give a quick cold rinse and drain but not too long so I can make sure it does not stick. If you prefer you can mix in a little oil to prevent it sticking.
- 3Mix the one cup of Kraft Miracle Whip with about half a bottle Vadalia Onion Vinigrette, adding vinegar, sugar and mustard. You can alter per your tastes.
- 4I do not add my sliced black olives right away, but after a quick rinse I put them in a small dish, cover with wrap and refrigerate. If you put them in too soon they sometimes turn your Macaroni salad too dark and I don't like that.
- 5After putting your Vadadia Onion Dressing on your salad, you can cut and add your hard boiled eggs and adjust if necessary with some of the left over dressing. After putting the salad all together, I chill it and just before serving check to see how much of the dressing has soaked in and if necessary add more dressing and mix the olives in.