Thank you Aunt Pauline :)
- 1 lb
- elbow macaroni, sometimes i use small shells or rotini
- 6-7 slice
- velveeta cheese
- 1/2-3/4 c
- dill pickle juice
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- dill pickles, chopped (i usually use 4 pickles but you can add less depending on your taste preference)
- onion, chopped
- strips celery, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- ground pepper (optional)
- i use my pampered chef alligator chopper for the eggs, pickles, onion, celery and tomatoes because i like the pieces small
How to Make Macaroni Salad
- 1Cook macaroni according to package. Drain. While macaroni and eggs are cooking, chop the pickles, onion, celery and tomatoes.
- 2Melt cheese over macaroni. Set aside.
- 3Mix pickle juice, mayonnaise and mustard. Pour over macaroni.
- 4Once eggs are boiled, peel and chop. Add eggs, pickles, onion, celery and tomatoes to macaroni. It's ok to add the eggs while they're warm.
- 5Mix everything together.
- 6Depending on your preference for the texture, you may want to add more mayonnaise. I also add ground pepper to mine.