Hot Pasta Picnic Salad
I really love a meal I can change with my seasonal tastes. In the summer I "do it up right" with fresh ingredients from my local farmers market but the weather here in Michigan leaves me no choice but to use cans deep in the winter months.
- 1 box
- bow tie pasta, any brand will do
- 2 can(s)
- del monte zucchini
- 2 can(s)
- -14.5 oz- diced italian style tomatoes-any brand
- 1 pkg
- hillshire farms polish kielbasa
- 2 jar(s)
- * optional sliced button mushrooms -drained (whole is also an option)
- 1 can(s)
- **optional sliced black olives -drained
- ***optional minced garlic
- ****optional italian seasoning
- ***** optional paprika, sweet mild
While pasta is boiling slice kielbasa into medallions---OR if you have to use smaller noodles when Farfalle (bow tie) pasta isn't available dice precooked sausage of choice.
Drain pasta and set to the side.
Open all cans and stir into meat-liquids and all!
Add pasta and stir gently so the soft noodles don't break.
***Add in your family's favorite seasonings. Because this dish is almost all canned or precooked, you should not need to add salt. I have also found garlic powder does not do well in this dish, but a pinch of Italian Seasoning and Paprika does wonders.