Grandma Schultz's Party Pasta Salad
Nicole Szonye Rhodes
This is the original version in all it's glory. Only one of my cousins has complained so far. Mom's called for canned peas and loads of sugar and oil packed tuna with no celery onion or carrots. Yuck.
It feeds about 50 people but it can be cut down of course.
3 celbow macaroni, dry
1 can(s)tuna, packed in water - 4lb can (or 12 6oz cans)
1 1/2 cpeas, frozen petite
1 1/2 ccelery stalks - diced
1 1/2 ccarrots - diced
3 Tbsponion flakes, dehydrated
2 Tbsppaprika, sweet mild
1 Tbspcelery salt
2 jar(s)mayonnaise dressing
2 csugar - or to taste
How to Make Grandma Schultz's Party Pasta Salad
- Boil macaroni with a bit of salt and olive oil. Drain and refrigerate overnight.
- The morning of the party, combine mayonnaise, onion and seasoning.
- Drain the tuna and flake it to small pieces.
- Combine macaroni, tuna and vegetables in a very large bowl. Add mayonnaise mix until salad is creamy.
- Add up to 2 cups of sugar to taste.
- Return to refrigerator and chill until just before the party.
- For lighter version of this recipe, use low fat mayonnaise, no sugar, ground celery seed instead of salt and whole grain pasta. The taste will be almost identical and easier on your waistline.