Deli Pasta Salad by Maggie
The thing I like best about this is you make it ahead and the longer it sits the better it tastes .. and you can truly make a meal out of just this with a slice of sour dough and a glass of wine !
8 ozdry spiral pasta - plain or tri color
1 ccherry tomatoes - halved
1/2 cblack olives - halved
1/2 cpimento stuffed green olives - rinsed and halved
1 cthin celery slices
1/2 cred bell pepper cut into 1" or less cubes
1/2 cgreen bell pepper cut into 1" or less cubes
1/2 cred onion slices
1/4 cgrated fresh parmesan cheese (use grated from bottle if needed)
1/2 tspdill weed
1/4 tspgarlic powder
6 ozcubed provolone cheese
6 ozpepperoni slices cut into quarters
6 ozsalami cut into strips
4 slicebacon cooked crisp then crumbled
1 bottleyour favorite italian salad dressing *****
How to Make Deli Pasta Salad by Maggie
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl and store in fridge while the next steps are being completed.
- In a large bowl combine the cherry tomatoes, black and green olives, celery, red and green peppers and the onion. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, dill weed and garlic over your vegetable mixture and stir together.
- Cut your Provolone cheese into cubes about 1/2", add to the vegies and stir to mix.
- Cut the pepperoni and salami then add those and the bacon to the vegetables and cheese and give it a nice stir to combine and evenly distribute everything.
- Take your cooled pasta from the fridge and add to the vegetable mixture in the large bowl.
- I like to squeeze about half of the bottle of dressing over the salad for starters. Gently stir to coat everything.
If everything is coated then pop a lid on the bowl and put in into the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours.
- *** NOTES ***
For fun you can use tri color pasta or even a different shape like a Cavatappi, Campanelle, Bow Ties or even a shell.
If you have a favorite recipe for a home made dressing then by all means use that.
We prefer a brand called Ken's and we like the Zesty Italian because it gives just a bit more oomph and kick to this salad.
This salad is best served very cold and after having rested in the refrigerator overnight.