Confetti Pasta Salad
The "cook time" is for pasta and chilling time.
Also, I seed the tomatoes to keep the salad from getting all soggy.
We tried it before the pickles and it was very bland (but not bad if that is what you are wanting). We are a flavor kick family so in the pickles went!
- 3 cups colored rotini pasta
- 1 cup light mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole yellow/orange sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 medium dill pickles, chopped
How to Make Confetti Pasta Salad
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. (Make sure it is al dente.) Rinse in cold water, and drain.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, black pepper, garlic, and basil until well blended.
- 3Add pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, green onions, and pickles; fold gently until well mixed.
Chill several hours. Stir gently before serving.