Citrus walnut pasta salad
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts.
- 3 cups bowtie pasta, about 8 ounces.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, use rotisserie chicken from the costco deli
- 1 cup smoked cheese such as gouda, cut in 1/4 inch cubes.
- 1 cup celery, cut in thin diagonal slices.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 2 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
How to Make Citrus walnut pasta salad
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Place walnuts on cookie sheet in a single layer in bake for 8 to 10 minutes checking frequently. Let cool.
- 2Cook pasta as the package directs, drain and let cool completely. to make the dressing mix all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to blend.
- 3Add pasta, chicken, cheese, celery, red onion, walnuts chives and parsley to the dressing. Toss gently to mix. Makes six servings.
- 4If you buy walnuts in sealed packaging they can be stored in their original packaging . Or, open the bag transfer the walnuts to an airtight container to maintain freshness .keep walnuts in an airtight container for up to six months in the refrigerator and up to one year in the freezer