Bow ties with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella
- four ripe medium tomatoes, preferably new jersey beef steaks, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- one garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound bow ties, farfalle
- eight ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small dice
How to Make Bow ties with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella
- 1in a large pasta serving bowl, mix the tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature up to two hours.
- 2Bring at least 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta, stir well and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite.
- 3Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Add the mozzarella and toss again. Serve at once. Serves 4 to 6.