Basic Tuna Salad
Just so ya know, Mom's always turned out better...I don't know what her secret ingredient was, but it just tasted better!!! :-)
- pasta (elbow, wagon-wheel, whatever) , as much as you want. i make a bunch.
- 1 can(s)
- peas (the 15 oz one...or more or less, depends on how much you like your peas...!)
- 2 can(s)
- tuna (the cans seem to have gotten smaller, so i use 2 cans)
- miracle whip (as much as you want to make the salad a creamy as you want). other people would maybe use mayo. i don't like mayo, so....
- salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make Basic Tuna Salad
- 1Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and cool.
- 2Drain the peas and tuna. Add to the pasta. Add a couple large spoonfuls of the Miracle Whip and stir. Add more if you want.
You can salt & pepper it before chilling or let each person do their own.
- 4Now this is just the most basic recipe. Lots of people add stuff like chopped celery, chopped hard-boiled eggs, chopped onion, or whatever strikes their fancy!