Watabee Salad (Young Fern Salad)
- 1 pkg
- japanese seaweed mix
- 1 bunch
- watabee, fresh & cleaned (young fern)
- shoyu, to your taste, aloha brand please
- tomato, fresh, cut into chunks
- maui onion or red onion, chopped
- block kamaboku, cut in chunks (fish cake)
- 1/4 c
- dried shrimp or less (opai)
How to Make Watabee Salad (Young Fern Salad)
- 1Clean ferns with rubber clove(to remove fine hair off stems), chop in bite size pieces. Cook watabee stems first for 1 minute or until semi-soft(pinch stems to check if cooked - soft not mushy)then add middle pieces for a few seconds than add the top portions to finish up. Check stems for doneness by piercing with fingernail careful not to leave to long, stems will become slimmy.
- 2Rinse in cold water - than add the remaining ingredients, mix to combine & soak overnight in refrigerator. Serve next day as a side dish!