Warm Goat Cheese in Phyllo with Baby Greens
Wow, what a beautiful presentation this would be for a special luncheon! Yummy, melty goat cheese wrapped in phyllo dough?! Yes please! I love the delicate salad and vinaigrette, too. This is an Ina Garten recipe.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 12 sheet(s)
- phyllo dough, defrosted
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 Tbsp
- plain dry bread crumbs
- fresh goat cheese discs (3.5-5.5 oz each)
- baby salad greens, such as arugula and mesclun mix, for 6
- 2 Tbsp
- champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Warm Goat Cheese in Phyllo with Baby Greens
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Unroll the phyllo dough sheets on a flat surface and cover them with a slightly damp towel (if the towel is too wet, the dough will get sticky). Working quickly, so the dough doesn't get dried out, place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a board, lightly brush with melted butter, and lightly sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place a second sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with the melted butter, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Continue until you have 4 sheets stacked. Cut the sheets in half crosswise to make 2 almost squares.
- 2Cut one of the goat cheese discs in half horizontally, making 2 thin discs. Place each disc in the center of one phyllo square. Starting at one corner, fold the phyllo up over the cheese and continue folding and pleating the phyllo around the cheese, as though you are wrapping a gift that is tied on top. You will end up with extra phyllo dough on top; twist the excess into a knot on top, to enclose the cheese. Brush the discs all over with melted butter and place them on a sheet pan lined with some parchment paper. Continue with the remaining phyllo dough and 2 goat cheese discs to make an additional 4 packages. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the phyllo dough is lightly browned. All them to cool for 5 minutes.
- 3While the cheese packages are baking, put the salad greens in a large bowl. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, except for the olive oil. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil, making an emulsion. Toss the salad greens with enough of the vinaigrette to moisten (you won't use all of the vinaigrette).
- 4Distribute the salad among 6 plates and put one warm goat cheese package in the center of each plate. Sprinkle with slat and pepper and serve. Enjoy!
About Warm Goat Cheese in Phyllo with Baby Greens
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment