Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 1 pkg
- young spinach
- 2 large
- eggs, hard boiled
- 8 slice
- thick bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 medium
- white mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 small
- red onion, very thinly sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black peper
How to Make Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 1Remove the stems from the spinach and wash, drain and pat dry thoroughly
- 2Place into a large mixing bowl and set aside
- 3Place the eggs in sauce pan and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch.
- 4Place on medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil, turn heat off and leave eggs in the water for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove and peel off the shell.
- 6Slice each egg into 8 pieces and set aside.
- 7While eggs are cooking, fry the bacon and remove to a paper towel to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the rendered fat. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- 8Transfer the fat to a small saucepan and set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, sugar and dijon mustard
- 9Season with a small pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper.
- 10Add the mushrooms and the sliced onion to the spinach and toss.
- 11Add the dressing and bacon and toss to combine.
- 12Divde the spinach between 4 plates or bowls and evenly divide the egg among them.
- 13Season with pepper if desired and serve amediately