Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
1 pkgyoung spinach
2 largeeggs, hard boiled
8 slicethick bacon, cooked and chopped
3 Tbspred wine vinegar
1/2 tspdijon mustard
4 mediumwhite mushrooms, sliced thin
1 smallred onion, very thinly sliced
·kosher salt and freshly ground black peper
How to Make Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Remove the stems from the spinach and wash, drain and pat dry thoroughly
- Place into a large mixing bowl and set aside
- Place the eggs in sauce pan and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch.
- Place on medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil, turn heat off and leave eggs in the water for 15 minutes.
- Remove and peel off the shell.
- Slice each egg into 8 pieces and set aside.
- While eggs are cooking, fry the bacon and remove to a paper towel to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the rendered fat. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Transfer the fat to a small saucepan and set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, sugar and dijon mustard
- Season with a small pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and the sliced onion to the spinach and toss.
- Add the dressing and bacon and toss to combine.
- Divde the spinach between 4 plates or bowls and evenly divide the egg among them.
- Season with pepper if desired and serve amediately