★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- cabbage head, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 c
- 1 c
- carrots, peeled and shredded
- green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 c
How to Make Southern Style Cole Slaw
- 1Put cabbage in large bowl (the type with a lid or cover is best, I use a large tupperware type bowl)...
- 2Add vinegar and sugar to cabbage and toss to coat... Cover and let stand for about 30 minutes....
- 3Toss cabbage mixture again... cover it and let it stand for about 30 minutes more...
- 4Drain the the liquid from cabbage... cover and chill... (You can do this up to 6 to 8 hours in advance of when you want to serve it)
- 5Put drained cabbage into another large serving type dish or bowl...
- 6Add carrots, green onions, and mayonnaise; mix well... Season with salt and pepper, if desired...
- 7You can chill the slaw until time to eat or serve it right away...