★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbcabbage head, chopped
1 1/2 capple cider vinegar
1 ccarrots, peeled and shredded
4green onions, sliced thin
How to Make Southern Style Cole Slaw
- Put cabbage in large bowl (the type with a lid or cover is best, I use a large tupperware type bowl)...
- Add vinegar and sugar to cabbage and toss to coat... Cover and let stand for about 30 minutes....
- Toss cabbage mixture again... cover it and let it stand for about 30 minutes more...
- Drain the the liquid from cabbage... cover and chill... (You can do this up to 6 to 8 hours in advance of when you want to serve it)
- Put drained cabbage into another large serving type dish or bowl...
- Add carrots, green onions, and mayonnaise; mix well... Season with salt and pepper, if desired...
- You can chill the slaw until time to eat or serve it right away...