Shrimp Gazpacho Salad
Made it and brought to the party where everyone was asking for the recipe.
This could be a main course, I think, too, with some nice greens and maybe a baguette.
- 3 c
- cooked rice (using chicken broth)
- 1 jar(s)
- medium hot salsa (16 oz)
- finely chopped green pepper
- finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 lb
- medium shrimp, uncooked, frozen
- 1 c
- thinly sliced green onions
- cucumbers finely chopped (english style)
- juice of 1 lime
- cumin, powdered, to taste
How to Make Shrimp Gazpacho Salad
- 1Using uncooked frozen shrimp,defrost under running water and then remove tails and shells.
Saute in a dab of butter, or olive oil until just pink. Set aside 12 whole shrimp for garnish.
Chop remaining shrimp.
- 2In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp,cooked rice, salsa, cukes, pepper, green onion, garlic, lime juice.
- 3Add cumin if desired (1/2 tsp) or more to taste.
- 4Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Mound salad in a lettuce lined plate or bowl for a pretty presentation, and place whole shrimp (set aside earlier) on top.