Savory Confetti Rice Salad
This looks like alot of steps but it is really easy! I just make the rice in the morning and put it all together in the evening, and un-mold it the following day.
You may half this recipe.
Garnish any way you please.
- 6 c
- cooked cold white rice
- 6 stalk(s)
- green onions, sliced. slice the whole stalk, both white and green
- 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 small
- yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small
- jar diced pimientos
- 1 small
- can sliced black olives
- 2 c
- sour cream (may use light if you wish)
- 1 c
- mayonaise (regular only)
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika and tumeric to sprinkle on top
How to Make Savory Confetti Rice Salad
- 1Prepare this dish the day BEFORE you plan to serve it so the flavors will "marry".
Make sure your rice is cold when adding the rest of the ingredients.
- 2Cook rice to equal 6 cups cooked. Place in fridge to become cold. (Best to leave in pot to do this step)
- 3In a large bowl, add green onions,garlic, bell pepper,pimientos,olives,and lemon juice. Stir gently.
You may do this step the night before, if you wish.
- 4Add cold rice to the mixture, breaking up rice gently with a fork so there are no clumps.
- 5Add sour cream,and mayo. Stir gently with large spoon.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Prepare a bundt mold by oiling or spray with cooking spray.
Pack all of the rice mixture into bundt mold, packing gently but firmly. It will fill the mold to the top.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until ready to unmold.
- 7To unmold: Have ready a round serving platter. Fill a dishpan with hot water. Carefully lower mold into water almost to the rim and hold for a minute.
Remove from water, place platter over mold and flip over. Mold should release with ease after a couple of jiggles.
Sprinke lightly with paprika and tumeric for decoration.
- 8I usually garnish this with a few rolled up slices of turkey, cherry tomatoes in the center, and romaine and tomatoes around the edge.