- 1 small
- head of red cabbage, core removed
- apples, unpeeled and diced small *or* you can sub grape halves (red or green), blueberries, strawberries or cherries (in season fruit!)
- 1/2 c
- raisins, dark or golden
- 1 large
- shallot, peeled and minced
- lettuce (optional)
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp
- mustard (not specified)
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Salade de Chou Rouge
- 1Prepare the dressing in a non-reactive prep bowl. Set aside.
- 2Coarsely shred the cabbage and place in a bowl.
- 3Stir in the apples (or other current seasonal fruit), raisins and shallots.
- 4Stir in the dressing and toss to coat well.
- 5If desired, serve the cabbage over greens.The salad tastes best the same day it is prepared.