- iceberg lettuce
- romaine lettuce
- 6 cups finely sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 lb. small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- honey dressing, recipe follows
How to Make Rusty Pelican Salad with Honey Dressing
- 1Cut assorted salad greens into 1 inch pieces to measure a total of 6 cups. Place in large bowl and chill.
- 2In large pan, poach shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes in boiling water seasoned with 1 bay leaf, a pinch of salt and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Remove from heat, run cold water over, drain and set aside in refrigerator.
- 3To serve, mix the salad greens, shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs. Toss with dressing and serve.
- 4Honey Dressing:
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch of salt
Pinch of accent
Prepare dressing by combining the mayonnaise, oil, honey, mustard, onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt and Accent. The dressing may be kept in a glass jar, refrigerated for up to 7 days.