★★★★★ 1 vote5
·3 ears fresh corn, remove husks and silk
·1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
·1 small red onion, chopped
·4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
·1 - 4oz log goat cheese, crumbled
·mixed spring greens ( if desired)
·3 tablespoons walnut oil
·1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
·1 teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
How to Make Raw Corn and Tomato Salad
- Cook 4 strips bacon until well done. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Prepare corn by removing husks and silk. Rinse corn. Cut corn from the cob and place in serving dish.
- Rinse cherry tomatoes, cut them in half and add to the corn in the serving dish.
- Chop the small red onion and add to the corn and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining the walnut oil, red wine vinegar and thyme.
- Add the dressing to the corn, tomato and onion mixture.
- Crumble goat cheese and gently toss into the corn, tomato and onion mixture. Top the salad with the crumbled bacon.
- Note: To stretch this recipe, I have added spring greens to the serving bowl. Prepare as above just add the greens before you toss the salad. Always a crowd pleaser.