Rainbow Kale Slaw
1 bunchlacinato (dinosaur) kale
1 smallhead red cabbage
1 smallred onion
1 largered pepper
1/3 csunflower seeds
1/4 cdijon mustard
1/4 cfreshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
1/2 tspground black pepper
How to Make Rainbow Kale Slaw
- Remove thick kale stems (I use scissors to remove - makes it easy) and discard. Slice the leaves sidewaysinto thick julienne slices.
- quarter, core and shred the cabbage; peel and segment the oranges; thinly slice the onion; core, seed and thinly slice the red pepper.
- In a large bowl combine kale, cabbage, orange segments, red onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat.
- You can serve this immediately or it holds up nicely in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.