Pretty & Awesome, Layered Salad !
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of Cajun seasoning makes this layered salad awesome indeed! The Test Kitchen
- mixed salad greens
- yellow bell pepper chopped
- frozen peas thawed
- purple onion chopped
- tomato seeded and chopped
- cucumber sliced length wise then sliced
- fresh brocolli chopped
- boiled eggs sliced (used yellow if you want)
- celery stalks sliced
- crab meat (artificial), shrimp,or ham chopped if allergic
- mayonaise (lf or ff if you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp
- white sugar or splenda
- cajun seasoning (i use slap ya momma)
- 4 c
- sharp shredded cheese
- 6 slice
- bacon cooked very crisp crumbled
How to Make Pretty & Awesome, Layered Salad !
- 1Layer above ingredients in glass bowl being sure to have enough of first 9 ingredients to make a full layer to fit in your size bowl. It should look very attractive from the outside. I slice or chop or cut mine rather large so they are forkable and viewable.
- 2Place the meat you choose on top of vegetables.
- 3Spread with enough MAYONAISE (not salad dressing) to spread 1/2 inch or more making a full layer.
- 4sprinkle sugar or splenda on top of mayonaise .
- 5sprinkle cajun seasoning as much as you like on top of this (I use a liberal amount but you can still see through it)
- 6put all cheese on top (this is home grated cheese not out of bag)
- 7sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- 8cover and refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving but over night is even better !