Pretty & Awesome, Layered Salad !
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of Cajun seasoning makes this layered salad awesome indeed! The Test Kitchen
·mixed salad greens
·yellow bell pepper chopped
·frozen peas thawed
·purple onion chopped
·tomato seeded and chopped
·cucumber sliced length wise then sliced
·fresh brocolli chopped
·boiled eggs sliced (used yellow if you want)
·celery stalks sliced
·crab meat (artificial), shrimp,or ham chopped if allergic
·mayonaise (lf or ff if you prefer)
4 Tbspwhite sugar or splenda
·cajun seasoning (i use slap ya momma)
4 csharp shredded cheese
6 slicebacon cooked very crisp crumbled
How to Make Pretty & Awesome, Layered Salad !
- Layer above ingredients in glass bowl being sure to have enough of first 9 ingredients to make a full layer to fit in your size bowl. It should look very attractive from the outside. I slice or chop or cut mine rather large so they are forkable and viewable.
- Place the meat you choose on top of vegetables.
- Spread with enough MAYONAISE (not salad dressing) to spread 1/2 inch or more making a full layer.
- sprinkle sugar or splenda on top of mayonaise .
- sprinkle cajun seasoning as much as you like on top of this (I use a liberal amount but you can still see through it)
- put all cheese on top (this is home grated cheese not out of bag)
- sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- cover and refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving but over night is even better !