Pennsylvania Dutch Pepper Slaw
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 capple cider vinegar
1 cwhite sugar
1 tspcelery seed
1 tspdry mustard
1 tspwhole mustard seed
1 mediumhead green cabbage
1 largegreen bell pepper
1 largered bell pepper
How to Make Pennsylvania Dutch Pepper Slaw
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, sugar, water, celery seed and mustard.
- Over medium-high heat bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar, then boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Using a food processor, finely grate the green cabbage, carrot and bell peppers.
- Place the finely grated vegetables into a large bowl, stir in salt and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drain vegetables but do not rinse. Add the cooled dressing, reserving 1/4 cup, and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight, both slaw and reserved dressing.
- Before serving uncover slaw and give it a good stir. If it's swimming in juice drain it but keep it moist. Add the 1/4 cup reserved dressing to brighten it back up.