Ota (Tongan Raw Fish Salad)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- fresh, mild white fish (raw, cleaned and skinned
- 2 lb
- fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium
- fresh bunch ofl ittle green onions
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c
- hellman's or best food's mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- jalapeno peppers (optional, to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ota (Tongan Raw Fish Salad)
- 1Wash the fish. Prepare your other ingredients. In a large bowl, using a knife and fork, tear the fish apart in shreds and flakes. Add all of the other ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. ALWAYS USE FRESH INGREDIENTS. ALWAYS KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR WHEN NOT SERVING.
- 2Add all of the other ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. ALWAYS USE FRESH INGREDIENTS. Do not leave out for prolonged periods of time, or in the sun at all. I store in the refrigerator for no longer than 2 days.
- 3This really surprised me. By psyching myself out for a week, I was able to try it! That old saying from the commercial "Try it, you'll like it" comes to mind often; but this time especially! I still actually, love it!