1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1head of lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
1 can(s)pinto beans, 15.5 oz.
1small onion, chopped
1 jar(s)taco sauce
·shredded cheese for garnish
How to Make Mom's Taco Salad
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning as per directions on package.
- Set aside.
- Drain and rinse can of pinto beans and set aside in a separate dish.
- Prepare all other ingredients and set aside in separate dishes. This is a layering process, so I just have all the ingredients lined up buffet style, grab a plate and build your salad.
- Grab a handful of lettuce and place on your plate.
- Then a handful of Fritos.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of ground beef mixture.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of pinto beans.
- Then tomatoes, onions, and ending with some shredded cheese. Pour the desired amount of taco sauce over your salad and enjoy.
- You can also add chopped avocados and a dollop of sour cream if you like. This can feed at least 4 people easily, depending on how big of a salad you desire.