Marinated Cucumbers & Onions
How to Make Marinated Cucumbers & Onions
- Peel & thinly slice cucumbers & onions.
- Place the cucumbers in a colander on a plate. Sprinkle with 1 T of salt. Place onions on top of cucumbers and sprinkle with 1 T of salt.
- Place in refrigerator or cover with plastic wrap and place a freezer pack on top for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place water, vinegar & sugar in a small pot and heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- After 2 hours, squeeze as much liquid as possible from the cucumbers & onions as possible. Place in a bowl, season with pepper, if desired, and pour marinade mixture over them. Refrigerate.
- Remove from marinade to serve.