Japanese somen salad
- 1 pkg
- somen noodles
- 1 c
- char su pork, diced
- 1 medium
- cucumber, diced
- stalks of green leaf onion,diced (green part)
- 1 small
- head of lettuce, thinly sliced
- eggs, beaten
- sheet nori or more if you prefer
How to Make Japanese somen salad
- 1Cook somen noodles as directed in package when cooked place in a colender and run cold water over the noodles and let drain.
- 2The dice the char su, cucumbers, leaf onions.
- 3thinly slice the lettuce.
- 4place the 3 eggs that have been slightly beaten in a medium heated skillet with oil and cook one side then flip over to the other side to cook.
- 5take the cooked eggs out when done and cut into strips.
- 6If you want the nori in it. cut the nori into small pieces.
- 7NOW YOU ARE READY TO PUT TOGETHER YOUR SALAD!
- 8Take out your platter and add the cooked somen noodles to cover the platter.
- 9add in layers the lettuce, cucumbers, char su pork, nori, egg strips and leaf onion.
- 10When ready to serve pour the dressing over it.
Dressing recipe is listed below.
This needs to be made the night before you are going to use so the flavors blend.
- 121/2 cup Japanese rice vinegar
1/2 cup shoyu sauce (soyu)
1/2 cup sugar ( I used brown sugar)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 13Place all in a small jar and shake up to mix well.
Store in the refregerator untill ready to use.