Japanese somen salad
1 pkgsomen noodles
1 cchar su pork, diced
1 mediumcucumber, diced
4stalks of green leaf onion,diced (green part)
1 smallhead of lettuce, thinly sliced
1/2sheet nori or more if you prefer
How to Make Japanese somen salad
- Cook somen noodles as directed in package when cooked place in a colender and run cold water over the noodles and let drain.
- The dice the char su, cucumbers, leaf onions.
- thinly slice the lettuce.
- place the 3 eggs that have been slightly beaten in a medium heated skillet with oil and cook one side then flip over to the other side to cook.
- take the cooked eggs out when done and cut into strips.
- If you want the nori in it. cut the nori into small pieces.
- NOW YOU ARE READY TO PUT TOGETHER YOUR SALAD!
- Take out your platter and add the cooked somen noodles to cover the platter.
- add in layers the lettuce, cucumbers, char su pork, nori, egg strips and leaf onion.
- When ready to serve pour the dressing over it.
Dressing recipe is listed below.
This needs to be made the night before you are going to use so the flavors blend.
- 1/2 cup Japanese rice vinegar
1/2 cup shoyu sauce (soyu)
1/2 cup sugar ( I used brown sugar)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place all in a small jar and shake up to mix well.
Store in the refregerator untill ready to use.